About Day Piston Company
Founded in 1919, by William Day in Cleveland, OH, Day Piston has always focused on providing high quality pistons used in the Automotive market and Air Compressor equipment. At one time the company made Model A pistons used in the iconic Henry Ford car. The company remained within the Day Family, passing the business to William's son Floyd and eventually to his grandson Myron. The company outgrew its original location on Harvard Avenue and move to its present location on Saint Catherine Avenue. This facility was expanded in the late 1980's to include a modern warehouse and quality laboratory. Fourth generation family member Clyde "Skip" Jones has been a key member of the team for over 40 years working in Operations Management.
In September of 2022, with Myron Day's approval the company transitioned to new privately held ownership group that is committed to serving its current customers, but also growing opportunities for its team members.
Day Piston's core values include the "Health" of our colleagues, stakeholders, partners and community.
Focusing on Physical - Spiritual - Mental - Environmental - Financial Health as well as reputation and relationships.
Partnering with Day Piston Co.
Commitment to Quality:
Since the beginning, Day Piston Company has recognized the importance of Product Safety and Quality.
- Adherence to Supplier Quality Systems from our customers.
- Safety Critical/Signficant Characteristics dimensions
- Statistical Process Control and Data Collection
- Preferred Supplier Status
Value and Productivity:
Day Piston Company becomes an extension of your supply chain, offering:
- Vendor Managed Inventory Systems
- Continuous improvement programs
- Customer Specific BarCodes and Labels
- Returnable Containers
- Secondary Sourcing back up for offshore suppliers
- Made in the USA and 100% North American content